Koelnmesse GmbH, operator of the Cologne Fairgounds, maintains a full-time Press and Public Relations Department. During major shows, there are two Press Centers in full operation, conveniently located on the West and the East side of the fairground, to assist the thousands of media representatives that each year cover events in Cologne. At smaller shows, only one Press Center is in use. The Press Centers are located at key traffic points within the Convention Center and are open during all show hours. The following Facilities & Services are part of the press centers:
- English-language press guides (print & online)
- Complimentary show catalogs
- Daily events schedule
- Exhibitor press releases & product information
- Daily color photographs
- Complimentary Press Shuttle
- Technical Press Information (TPI)
- Fax machines
- Internet access
- ISDN lines
- Cloakroom with lockable storage
- Press-only Café
- Sitting areas
Many press conferences take place in the Convention Center, which also hosts other conferences, seminars and special events. Many exhibitors also choose to hold press conferences and related press events at their stands. The schedule for each show is posted on Koelnmesse GmbH’s press website and is also availble inside the Press Center.
Major press conferences usually provide English-language press kits and simultaneous translation. Koelnmesse GmbH will publish a show report on the closing day.
Journalists are admitted to trade events in Cologne free of charge, provided that they register for press credentials. The press ID includes a complimentary show catalog voucher and entitles the bearer to unlimited use of Cologne’s public transport system throughout the show.
Note: Press credentials are non-transferable and are issued by Koelnmesse GmbH. Management and advertising representatives are not eligible for accreditation. Journalists from the United States and Canada can register in advance by sending their credentials to the Press Department in Cologne, Germany.
To register, please note following steps:
- Mail or fax your request on official company letterhead, indicating the show you seek accreditation for
- Include complete contact information: name, job title, company, mailing address, phone, fax, e-mail
- Provide substantiation of your editorial intent; for example: photocopy of a recent bylined article, photocopy of recent publication showing editorial responsibility, letter of assignment.
Send your request to:
Fax +49 (221) 821-2460
Please note: Koelnmesse GmbH does not accept registration via email.