Social Media / Networking Internship Opportunity!
Do you feel that you are a self starter? Are you that person that has a strong understanding of web based technologies? Has an interest in the online social networking phenomenon and understand web marketing?
Want to use Facebook, FLICKR, Twitter, del.isio.us, etc. skills to help us keep content, events and images fresh and exciting? Want to help us expand our online networks by seeking out new, like-minded people, groups, and organizations? We need you to help us tell folks what we are all about and what we do.
Koelnmesse is seeking an energetic intern who has a passion for exploring new ways to connect people as well as drive business and innovation together. This position will provide you with an opportunity to work in a dynamic company that covers a number of different industries and regions of the world.
As the Social Media / Networking Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in the field of social media in a business environment including implementing ideas that extend the Koelnmesse (and its trade shows) brand through web-based marketing.
You should note that this internship is unpaid, but it’s a great resume and skills builder. We are more than willing to work with you and your school regarding possible school credit awards.
The candidate should demonstrate competency in the following areas of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong understanding of social media and social networking
- Assist with the coordination, discovery, adaptation and incorporation of online interactive programs (i.e. Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of online social networks and web technology
- Ability to accomplish tasks independently
- An innovative self-starter who can be relied on to complete tasks under tight deadlines
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in HTML
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
- Ability to edit multimedia files (mp3s, mp4s, jpgs, gifs)
- Draft blog entries on social networking sites
- Design, create and adapt our pages on social networking sites to become more visually appealing using latest tools and html coding
- Monitor activity, check and reply to web site emails as necessary
- Communicate with members of networks using bulletins
- Find new networks and features
- Assist with maintaining koelnmessenafta.com
- Conduct research related to new media, publishing and marketing
- Ability to remain flexible, handling changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple activities
Benefits of Internship:
- First-hand exposure to the role of marketing within an international trade show company
- The opportunity to utilize your ideas and skills and be directly involved in live marketing campaigns
- Learn about the world of marketing, audience development and online marketing.
- The opportunity to apply scholastic and organizational skills to a working environment and learn marketable skills for the transition from college life to a professional career
- The opportunity to earn college credit (depends upon degree program)
A minimum of eight hours a week or as required for your credited internship. A set schedule would be ideal, but we can accommodate some flexibility.
How to Apply:
Send your resume or work history to Darrin Stern, International Sales and marketing manager at email@example.com. Call 773-326-9925 with any questions.
About Koelnmesse, Inc.:
We are the North American subsidiary of Koelnmesse GmbH, one of the world’s leading organizers of industry trade shows. Our German Headquarters organizes more than 68 events in 7 countries bringing together over 2.3 million participants and 31,817 exhibiting companies in our events worldwide. We assist North American manufacturers and service providers in their preparation for our industry events whether in Cologne, Germany, Asia or any of our other locations worldwide. Part of our role in the Chicago office is to support our visitor promotions for each show as well as regular press and association outreach. Koelnmesse Inc. is also responsible for the development and execution of domestic trade events.
Follow us on Twitter.com: